As we are sure you are aware there is a complete lack of snow at any of the Scottish Ski centres at the moment and none in the forecast before the coming weekend.
In consultation with our Head Coach and coaching team we have taken the difficult decision to postpone the formal start of training by one week in the hope that the snow will arrive next week.
As a result our 10 week training programme will now run from the weekend of 14th/15th January to the weekend of 18th and 19th March.
For many this will be good news as we are aware lots of people are away skiing and would have missed the first weekend of training in any event. If you have prior commitments on the weekend of 18th/19th March and cannot make this date please advise by Friday 20th January.
Regardless of snow conditions we will start training on 14th/15th January. However, as our ethos is to train on snow whenever possible we thought we would give the snow one more week to arrive.
We are currently exploring options to provide some training this coming weekend on the Glenmore Dry Slope. However, we do not yet know if the slope is available and wanted to give as much notice as possible of this delay to the start of training. If we do put on some dry slope training this will be in addition to our core programme.
Keep doing the snow dances.
Any questions please ask.