Hi all – bookings are now being taken for our summer race camp!
9-10 August, Snowfactor, Braehead
Deposit secures your place. Please book by 29 May. All details are on Eventbrite, just follow the link below
If you have any queries, please contact secretary@cairngormskiclub.
The training form for 2017/18 Winter season will go live in September 2017. There is a lot of useful information on this page, but please contact our Coaching convenor Julian Jennings with any queries – email@example.com
Please also note that deposits secure your child a coaching place , and are non refundable in the event that their place cannot be filled by another child from the same age group (eg Bairn, Junior) at the start of the core training programme.
Club jackets will be available to order from September when you book to train with us or please contact Tanera Astley firstname.lastname@example.org as there are some samples left from last season,particularly in larger sizes. Second hand jackets can often be purchased at our Snowsports Equipment Sale in November (see Ski Sale page)
There will be an autumn series of dry slope training sessions at Glenmore Lodge in November and December. Watch this space for further information.
Training form for 2016/17 this year we are offering a core 10 week programme plus a follow on four week programme leading up to Easter.
Any questions or to arrange a chat email email@example.com
Find out about our exciting year round programme, for both freestyle and alpine race training here CSC Moving To A Year Round Programme (1)
If you want to know about our approach to developing our young trainees, the equipment they might need and the potential pathways take a look at our Long Term Athlete Development Plan
The Club’s recently completed, comprehensive Athlete Training and Development Plan (LTAD): CSC LTAD
For details of the Club October training camp at Hintertux see Training camp page
During ski season, details of weekend training will always be posted on the NEWS page.
Further information about the training programme below.
We offer a core 10 week programme for alpine race training for Club members aged 8 – 18. We will offer performance coaching for anybody who wants to improve their skiing from those who just want to ski faster and better to those who want to represent the club in races. Whilst we would love everybody to race we also recognise that some young folk just don’t want to do that yet and they are very welcome too.
The core programme for 2018 will start on the weekend of 7th/8th of January and run for 10 weeks to the weekend of 11th/12th March (which will coincide with our annual pizza night ). We will keep the weekends of 18th/19th and 25th/26th in reserve and if we have any poor weather we will continue the core programme into these weekends to hopefully get a full 10 weeks worth.
In addition we will offer additional training at Christmas / New Year and at Easter (snow and weather dependent).
We are also running a Freestyle (Freeski) programme which will run 2 days per week the same way as the race programme. We team up with Cairngorm Snowboard Club to bring a formal freestyle skiing programme to Cairngorm. Applications are welcome from those aged 12 and over, we will consider accepting kids below 12 subject to ability, just get in touch to discuss. Trainees have the option to choose to do a combination of race training and freestyle, eg Saturday race training/ Sunday freestyle or vice-versa.
In the event that we cannot train on snow we will endeavour to offer dry-land training, usually at Glenmore Lodge or training on snow at the Lecht. We work on the principle that if we offer training for any particular group (dry land or snow) then we charge for that day.
Training is subsidised by fundraising activities of the club and 2016/17 prices were:-
£220 for a 10 week programme on either a Saturday or a Sunday (10 days at £22 per day)
£400 for a 10 week programme on both Saturday and Sunday (20 days at £20 per day, can be split between Race on Saturday and Freestyle on Sunday).
2017/18 prices will be confirmed in September. Coaches will be confirmed in December 2017.
All trainees need to wear the Club Jacket, details are on the training application form. Please ensure you have also completed a Club membership form.
All trainees need to sign the Code of Conduct and bring it with them on the first day of training; download it from here:
For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All Trainees must ensure that all their equipment is in good working order, e.g skis waxed and edged, bindings set at the correct DINs. Oh yes, and personal fitness levels up to the required level!!
- Details about each weekend`s training will be posted on the website on the preceding Thursday evening. You should also check the website again on Friday evening in the possible event of any last minute change to the arrangements. This coming season, 2016/17, if on the Thursday evening it looks highly unlikely that Training will be possible on Cairngorm then the Childrens Race Training Groups and Racing Bairns Group will, weather permitting, endeavour to head to The Lecht. More details about this will follow soon.
- Deatils regarding Meeting points wil be confirmed soon – please check back.
- In the event that Training has to be curtailed for whatever reason, e.g weather, the parent(s) is/are responsible for ensuring that their child(ren) is/are picked up from the Meeting Point. It is therefore vital that a Parent or nominated person remains on the hill throughout the day. We would also ask that on the first day of training you leave a contact telephone number with your child`s Coach so that he/she can contact you in an emergency.
- All Trainees MUST wear a Helmet. If you turn up without a Helmet you will NOT be allowed to train.
- All Trainees must come with a well stocked packed lunch. This makes it easier for the Coaches by ensuring that the Groups remain together. Normally the Coaches allow for two breaks, a drinks stop and lunch break. Times of these breaks are at the Coaches` discretion.
- Lunch stops/drinks stops each weekend – details of location tbc
- Any child who has a medical condition that we should be aware of should speak to the Coach or Coaching Convenor prior to the first day of training. Needless to say the information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- From time to time a member of the Committee or one of the Coaches may wish to photograph or video record for training purposes. If any parents object to their child(ren) being photographed or recorded can they please speak to the Coaching Convenor otherwise it will be assumed that there is no objection.
- If your child(ren) is/are unable to train for any reason can you please notify the Coach or email@example.com with as much prior notice as possible.
- Please note that Training Accounts will be sent out by January and all accounts are to be paid in full by 31st January 2017. You will be charged regardless of whether or not you have turned up for Training.
Coaching and membership application forms are available for download on the Membership page.