- Cairngorm Ski Club is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation(Charity number SC047401)
- The aims and objectives of the Club are:
- To foster the enjoyment and participation in snowsports.
- Promote competitive participation in snowsports by providing a coaching programme and support for events both in the UK and abroad.
Aims 2013 to 2018
• Increase participation in snowsports by providing a financially supported pathway to develop, grow and retain a quality coaching team which delivers a first class alpine and freestyle coaching programme to support the development of competitive athletes.
• Develop an outreach project working with local High Schools, Active Schools coordinators and Badenoch and Strathspey Schools Snowsports Association to provide follow on coaching to encourage young athletes in snowsports.
Objectives 2013 to 2018
Membership & partnership working
• Increase membership from 192 to 223
• Increase number of athletes training from 84 to 98
• Increase number of days of athlete training from 996 to 1457
• Working with partners develop an outreach programme to expose more youngsters in Badenoch & Strathspey to competitive snowsports
Coaching – Alpine and Freestyle
• Run an alpine training programme based at Cairngorm
• Run a freestyle training programme based at Cairngorm
• Run at least one annual training camp for racing
• Run at least one training camp for freestyle before 2018
• Support at least 2 coaches per year through UKCP coaching qualifications to build a pool of sufficiently qualified coaches to deliver our plan.
• Support at least 2 club members per year through Snowsport Scotland training aimed at building club capacity to support races and events.
• By the end of year 2 we will have 2 club members who have been through Snowsport Scotland ‘Train-the-Trainer’ training to become self-sufficient in training our own “Event Crew”
• One CSC athlete a year progress to coaching
Competitive Scottish Alpine Race Programme
• Enter at least 5 alpine racers for each of the 3 race categories for each Scottish Race
• 3 CSC racers will be in the top 10 for each race category each year
• 1 CSC will be in the top 5 for each race category each year
• By 2018 CSC will have won at least 3 races in one season
• By 2018 have one male and one female athlete accepted into the National Performance pathway
Competitive Scottish Freestyle Programme
•Entry Objective – to be decided following discussion between Head Coach and Mike Jechacy
•Results objective – to be decided following discussion between Head Coach and Mike Jechacy
British Championships (Alpine and Freestyle)
• 2 CSC athletes to come in the top half of a discipline each year
• 1 CSC athletes to come in the top quartile of a discipline each year
• 1 Male CSC athlete achieve a top 10 place by 2018
• 1 Female CSC athlete to achieve a top 10 place by 2018
• 1 CSC athlete to achieve a podium place by 2018
Please note that a revised Constitution (link below) has now been adopted by members following the EGM on Sat 14 January 2017. Members also approved the Club’s change of status to a SCIO and this process is now complete.
Club Meeting minutes
Meeting minutes are available from the Secretary on request. email@example.com